Tuesday, April 11, 2017

293 Keys

I found a game. In it, all you do is search through a pile of keys and try them in a lock until one fits. Then you leave and see how many tries it took you.

That’s it. Seriously.

It’s the stupidest, most pointless game ever. The controls are wonky (don’t knock a key off the cliff before you’ve tried it), it’s not a particularly attractive game, and there’s literally nothing to do except put keys in the lock.

So why can’t I stop playing it??


Have you ever been unable to stop doing anything pointless? What’s the most addictive dumb game you’ve ever found?

7 comments:

  1. I've played a few games like that. It's like you can't move on until you've achieved the task, no matter how banal. I refrained from clicking on the link because I'm on a self-designated 10 minute break and I know I would get sucked in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I play Yahtzee on my phone, still hoping to beat my record of 727 points. That's pretty pointless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now, I seem to be addicted to this stupid wooden block puzzle game. It's just a fantastic use of my time. Which is why I, too, will be refraining from clicking on the above link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm not even going to go look at that.

    I played Farmville for a while. Then my wife pointed out that I was starting to treat it like a job. Talk about scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am addicted to Spider Solitaire. But I don't care too much because I feel like it keeps my brain sharp...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's called Shuffle Cats and it's a phone app. It's just a rummy game, but I'm addicted.

    Okay, so have you tried agar.io or slither.io? (There's now a third in the series, but I can't remember what it was now.) Or how about that Town of Salem game I mentioned last week? Because those seem right up your alley.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.