Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Death of Tweetdeck, Part 3

Remember how months and months ago I was looking for a replacement for Tweetdeck because they discontinued a desktop app? And I found a new one, but it kept crashing my touchpad driver so I stopped using it? And I really didn’t like the one I got to replace it because it only showed you a fixed number of tweets and just kind of sucked in general? Any of this ringing a bell?

Anyway, I got really sick of the replacement and started looking for yet another replacement. And I found one! And it’s actually really good!

It’s called Tweeten and let me break it down for you…

Pros
---Infinite scrolling for your tweets. I can’t believe there’s apps where you can’t!
---You can actually see pictures in tweets, which you couldn’t in Yoono.
---Fairly easy to figure out, especially if you remember how Tweetdeck worked.

Cons
---Can only update to Twitter, not any other platforms (if that’s really what you want).
---Not always intuitive. I don’t want to admit how long it took me to realize that you can just hit N to bring up a window to type your tweet, just like in Tweetdeck.
---Can’t hit enter to tweet. Have to it Ctrl + Enter. Like some kind of savage.

TL;DR: It’s basically a clone of Tweetdeck, and that’s why you should use it if you want it for your desktop. So yeah. Go with this. The only other con I have is that it took me so long to find it.

10 comments:

  1. Glad you found something close. I'll have to set up Tweeten and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never used Tweetdeck, which probably means I'm not using Twitter as efficiently as I could. I'll have to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still use the browser version of Tweetdeck--never had the desktop version. It doesn't bother me to have a browser open, so why switch things up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand. Why not just keep twitter open?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do remember your talk about Tweetdeck. Glad you found something that works. I just got on Buffer (to preschedule for several platforms), but I still haven't used it. Still figuring out how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only time Twitter isn't good enough for me is during Tweet Chats. Would this app be good to use during a chat?

    ReplyDelete
  7. And of course you always have to look at the buttons to find ctrl and enter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may need to give it a go... Just to see if I like it more than the alternatives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may need to give it a go... Just to see if I like it more than the alternatives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice. Thank you, again, for sharing your research on so many things so that I don't have to do it myself! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.