Tuesday, July 14, 2015

More than Halfway

At the beginning of the year, I wrote out a bunch of resolutions that I wanted to complete by the end of 2015. And now I’d like to see how I’m doing! Well, not “like”. Fear. Yes, that’s the word.

Resolutions 2015
1. Finish REMEMBER. It’s been over a year now! I’m hoping to get it out to beta readers by summer, but if time keeps moving as fast as it is, who knows? (I mean, it’s clearly not me…right?)
Oh. Right. This. Oops…

2. Write a new book : ). This should be easy. I have a few ideas rolling around my head, but no spark yet. Which is good, as I have enough on my plate right now.
Well, I’m working on it! Who knows if I’ll be able to do it, what with my lack of writing time…

3. Make more manageable goals. Sometimes I think I reach too far, and I end up crushed when I don’t get even close to my goal, and then I don’t think I can do anything…etc. etc. This is me, trying to be more positive by understanding my limits. Let’s see how long this one lasts.
Hey, I kind of did this! It’s a miracle!

4. Rewrite an old book. There’s one WIP I’ve been telling myself I’d rewrite for ages and never getting around to doing so. So here it is on my list, and hopefully I’ll get to it.
…Oops again.

5. One stick figure comic a week! More manageable goals, remember? : )
Oh, thank god, something I actually did.

6. Cut back on sugar. Ugh, I hate this one, but I really do need to cut back…
Crap. I made this a goal?!

7. Be awesome. Oh, wait, I always am anyway.
Well, obviously this is a success.

Frigging hell. I’m going to need an extension on this year. So how is your year going so far? Any resolutions you’ve completely forgotten about? All of them? Is it all of them?

8 comments:

  1. LOL on #6!

    I'm back on tract with my paranormal stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutting back on sugar? Perish the thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, this is why I don't make goals.
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding me! I need to go and take a look at my beginning of the year goals. I dread to think how far I've drifted from them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why I don't make resolutions...

    But I am further along in my novel revisions than I expected. Except for today. I was going to do some writing today. Well, soon. Next. Just as soon as I finish this comment...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. I used to do this and you make me want to again. But then I read your snarky comments to yourself and I know why I stopped.
    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, as long as you're still moving, that's what matters. I don't make goals at the beginning of the year because I would drown in self-pity. Instead, I make new ones as I go. (All the time.) Here's to manageable ones, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a few more months to go. Even if you don't finish these, the work you did is progress.

    I'm behind on my summer goals, but I'll see what I can do this month and next.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.