Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January Goals

Okay, so I think I’ve gone on enough about how I can’t believe it’s 2015 already (seriously though, can you believe it’s already 2015?!?). And since I posted my resolutions last week, it’s time to post my goals. But first, last month…

December Goals
1. Do my color partition for REMEMBER and solve any issues in regards to pacing. I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this before as part of my editing routine. Maybe I’ll go into more detail later.
I did do the partition and did some work on pacing, but then I got distracted by bad writing and had to deal with that, and then I got distracted by bad word usage (42 uses of the word manage…eek) and had to do that. So it’s a partial success. I didn’t get done what I wanted to, but I did get something done.

2. Do my sensory color partition for REMEMBER and solve any issues. Again, I should explain this sometime.
Did not do this, for reasons stated above. I feel satisfied that I’m still editing, so at least I’m doing something.

3. Christmas, yay!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! PRESENTS! CANDY!!!! CHEESECAKE!!!!!!!

My blood must be fifty percent sugar by now. Anyway, goals…

January Goals

1. REMEMBER: continue word edits and writing edits, and finish the freaking pacing edits.

2. Figure out the story for the book I’m rewriting. (You’d think this would be easy, but because of all the problems it had, it’s going to need some thought)

3. Write A-to-Z Challenge posts.

Okay, so that’s the plan for this month. I believe I’m sticking to my realistic-goal resolution, as well as actually getting things done. So what are you up to this month?

10 comments:

  1. Do you need a sugar intervention?
    You should cover your editing routine sometime.
    And I'm also working on my Challenge posts this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL my blood is DEFINITELY over 50% sugar by now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it was Christmas, therefore cheesecake was allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you do your posts for A - Z this far in advance? That's really organized! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed you're already working on your A to Z posts. I haven't even decided if I'll participate this year. And if I decide yes, I probably won't start until the day of.

    Happy writing and editing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were productive, even with Christmas in there. Good thing it was one of your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. About 42 uses of manage... I'm reminded of this doc I saw on Agatha Christie and how someone was analyzing her word choices. They found that she would repeat certain words many times on a page, making sure the reader got the feeling that she wanted to convey in using the same word. Kind of interesting.

    So, using manage might not be such a bad thing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know cheesecake for Christmas was thing...

    Those goals look super manageable. You can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Again, I should explain this sometime" - YES YOU SHOULD! Pretty please???

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.