Saturday, June 8, 2013

Write Club

Or technically, WRiTE Club.


DL Hammonds is at it again. From now (well, since last Monday) until June 30, you can send in a 500 word writing sample—under a pen name. Thirty two will be selected. Then in July, the “fighting” begins!

In each fight, a pair goes head to head, with the winner being selected from the votes in the comments. However, you have to remember that this is anonymous, so no vote angling allowed. After round one, the winners keep duking it out until one story is crowned champion. Since the winner is chosen by a panel of authors, agents, editors, publishers, and marketers, it’s a good way to get seen.


If you’re interested, head here and sign up. I haven’t entered yet, but I’m hoping I’ll be able to come up with something before then. Remember: before June 30. Fingers crossed!

4 comments:

  1. I love the write club! Alas, I am in the midst of drafting, serious drafting, so I'll have to pop in and read some of the write offs. Wishing you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love WRiTE CLUB! I'm not entering this year, but I am looking forward to the contest. I learn so much from reading the critiques in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun, for those participating! Not sure I could come up with something... I'm being pulled in all sorts of directions at present as it is.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.