Tuesday, June 4, 2013

June Goals

June already! 2013 sure has been going by fast. It’s already summer, if not by the date then by the hot, muggy weather.

May was far more productive than April, as you will see:

May Goals

1. Get COLLAPSE out to more beta readers. I do want to fix some things from my reader first, but that shouldn’t take more than two weeks.
Nailed it! Plus I signed up for the WIP It blogfest to meet more potential beta/critiquers. I’d call this one 200% done.

2. Actually follow some more blogs on Tumblr this time. This shouldn’t be that hard! Your weekends are wide open, self!
Yes, I did this. I hoped it would let me meet more people and get more followers, but I’m still stuck at a pitiful four. So I did it, but it’s kind of a fail anyway.

3. Start on rewrite. Maybe. I’m not sure if I’ll have time, but it would stop me from worrying about beta reads. It’s hard sending my baby out on its own!
Also done, with about 20K written in the new version. Another “Nailed It!”

So I did good, although not with all the results I hoped for.

June Goals

1. Finish collecting and giving critiques. This should be easy. I love beta reading.

2. Start posting more at the Spamfiles. I think having more posts will attract more readers. Could it be that other people don’t find spam as amusing as I do?

3. Add 20K more words to my rewrite. Usually first draft writing is easy for me, but I’ve been feeling a little bit of the writer’s block lately. I hope I can do it.


So it’s going good. What does your June look like? Are those of you who are parents drowning in children on summer break yet? 

7 comments:

  1. My kids will be out of school in two more days. Some things will be better--more relaxed--but I'll have all 3 home almost all the time. Gah! I hope I can make it 'til fall.

    I'm going to focus on blogging and critting this summer, and I'm going to try to finish my WIP. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Tumblr blog, but I never remember that I do. I don't even remember the last time I logged into it.

    I've been getting hit with a lot of spam lately. Some of it is very amusing.

    Great job with your goals last month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I give you some of my goals to do, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the wordage! I'm working on that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice when you accomplish your goals. Good luck with June.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, do I have goals for June. Way to get your May goals finished, and I hope you have a blast reading/critiquing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying to get things done on my side of things to be ready to go by summer's end with my MS... kind of got sidetracked for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.