Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm Back, and This Time I Mean It

"No TV and no beer make Homer something something."

Although in my case, it would be no TV and no internet. The hurricane didn't come within a hundred miles of here, but the winds were strong enough to knock out the freaking power! No wonder New Jersey is such a mess. I hope everyone down there is okay.

For me, two days with no television, computer or internet was soooooo boring. I couldn't even write (long hand is not my friend)! I read four books, though. That's good and all, but I missed having two thousand people read my every thought in less than one hundred and forty characters. Plus, you know, writing.

Fair warning: it's going to take me a few days to catch up with the rest of you. The yard is still a mess of leaves and the gutters are packed with dirt. So...yeah. Not exactly fun, but it has to be done. As for right now, I'll get to work visiting your blogs and such. I'm sure Friday's post will be more witty. Maybe a book review? Whatever I have in the pre-written section of my files.

Later, all! Hope you're safe!

8 comments:

  1. The press was so focused on New York City that they forgot all about places upstate, in Jersey, and Vermont.

    Good that you got through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it was boring. Better boring than deadly aye? Good luck catching up with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries. Those of us not effected have sympathy for those that were. Clean up is more important.

    I know what you mean about writing longhand. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We go out to my parent's cabin once in a while - no electricity.

    Once I settle past the initial panic, it feels great. But only for a short while, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I survived the weekend without losing power - especially considering how severe the flooding was in my area. Good luck catching up with everything. It's unsettling to feel disconnected from the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek! Sounds like a disaster. Hope your continued cleanup goes as smoothly as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain -- we had power issues here as well. In fact most of our town is still without power. Plus we have a well -- so no power means not water.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Tentatively, cowering) "Go crazy?"

    Incidentally: Best Simpsons Halloween epi. Hands. Down.

    I'm glad you're OK, even if you did have to endure a power outage. I can soooo relate to the cabin fever! Best of luck with the yard and the gutters and that...

    HUG!!

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.